Wednesday 13 June 2007

Luo Han Tang

Hall of Arhats.
This is is the building I came to see when I first read up on Wuhan and saw it marked on the map they gave us at the hotel. And I was quite excited to actually be there. It is quite overwhelming to see the arhats behind their glass display cases. Not one of them is the same, they each have their own individual characteristic poses, faces, expressions and appearance. I could have stopped at each one and taken pics but there are 500 and that's just too many, even for me.



Built in 1850, father and son Wang took 9years to make them. They are all about the same height and weigh the exact same (25 kgs).




Some of these photo's are a bit fuzzy due to light reflecting of the gold leaf and glass windows of the displays and my manky photo skills, I hope nobody minds.



No comments: