Friday 8 June 2007

Food

Day three already and I'll spare you the pics of the press conference or the pics taken after the show. I spent my time backstage and had plenty to do and loved doing it, so I have no idea what the show in the Shangri-La Hotel looked like. Let's have a look at some of the food we had afterward at the 778 Club instead.

I loved eating in Wuhan, I loved sitting at that big round table while waitresses filled the revolving plateau with dishes I have never seen nor tasted before. Most of it I like, some of it I didn't and I only took pics of it once.


These dishes and the way it was served are the reason I could stay in China another two weeks just for the food. I loved that plateau that you could turn to the dish you wanted to try or liked and the fact that you could pick off what you wanted with your chopsticks and then move on to the next dish.

A dish known as Deep Fried Mandarin Fish and this is a work of culinary art. Apparantly it is cleaned and gutted and incisions are made into the skin and flesh that stand up once it is deep fried.


Finely sliced carrots in a sweetened sauce of their own juices with strips of the Bai Ku Gua (balsampeer) I showed in a previous post. The Bitter gourd wasn't as bitter as I thought it would be but it does have a texture that is interesting to say the least.

Probably my favourite dish. It's a (meat?) paste that is jam packed with ginger, rolled in rice and deep fried. It's delicious! I tried it earlier in the week when Jaq's other assistant July bought some.


A bean dish made with spring beans and I think seaweed. Next to that you can see tomatoes beautifully arranged on a plate, served with Pringles. Strange combination.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aa, ben ik blij dat ik terwijl ik je blog doorkijk weer gewoon leker aan de salade zit.