Wednesday 13 June 2007

Time to ask a blessing.

Having mentioned the brazier outside the main Hall of the All-powerful Esteemed Buddhas we came across another one in front of the Shuangmian Guanshiyin Pusa. Luckily Martine had read up on what to do so we (Martine, Rachel, Karlijne and myself) each had a go. The trick is to throw a coin in the highest opening and ask a blessing. It's a bit like making a wish by throwing a coin in a fountain. Of course I threw a coin through the highest tear. Okay so I cheated a bit and it took me 5 minutes and three coins to get the blessing but does anybody really care? I got my blessing in the end, don't know about the girls though.



We weren't the only ones giving it a try, so we had a look at how the Chinese couple there did it first. They were just as good as we were ;). Here's Martine on one of her many, many, many attempts with Karlijne giving her moral support.




No comments: